What is Caddy?
Caddy is an alternative web server easy to configure and use. Matt Holt – The Project leader of Caddy claims that Caddy is a general-purpose web server, claims to be designed for human and it is probably the only of its kind.
Features of Caddy
- Speedy HTTP requests using HTTP/2.
- Capable Web Server with least configuration and hassle free deployment.
- TLS encryption ensure, encryption between communicating applications and user over Internet. You may use your own keys and certificates.
- Easy to deploy/use. Just one single file and no dependency on any platform.
- No installation required.
- Portable Executables.
- Run on multiple CPUs/Cores.
- Advanced WebSockets technology – interactive communication session between browser and server.
- Server Markdown documents on the fly.
- Full support for latest IPv6.
- Creates log in custom format.
- Serve FastCGI, Reverse Proxy, Rewrite and Redirects, Clean URL, Gzip compression, Directory Browsing, Virtual Hosts and Headers.
- Available for All known Platform – Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac, Android.
What make caddy Different?
- Caddy aims at serving web as it should be in the year 2017 and not traditional style.
- It is designed not only to serve HTTP request but also human.
- Loaded with Latest features – HTTP/2, IPv6, Markdown, WebSockets, FastCGI, templates and other out-of-box features.
- Run the executables without the need of Installing it.
- Detailed documentation with least technical description.
- Developed keeping in mind the need and ease of Designers, Developers and Bloggers.
- Support Virtual Host – Define as many sites as you want.
- Suited for you – no matter if your site is static or dynamic. If you are human it is for you.
- You focus on what to achieve and not how to achieve.
- Availability of support for most number of platforms – Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, BSD.
- Usually, you have one Caddy file per site.
- Set up in less than 1 minute, even if you are not that much computer friendly.
Visit Caddy website: HERE